I know, I know, y’all are thinking “epic fail on the making-something-with-blueberries-everyday idea.” I have been able to make a few things and definitely have more planned! Here is a delicious recipe for blueberry/raspberry poundcake!
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened, but not quite room temperature
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, softened slightly
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 6 ounces raspberries
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- lemon glaze (recipe follows)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees (165 degrees celsius). Spray four mini loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray, and place on a cookie sheet.
2. In a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and cream cheese. Pour in sugar and mix until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing well until each is incorporated.
3. While ingredients are mixing, whisk together four, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Slowly add flour mixture to the wet ingredients.
4. Divided batter into two bowls. Fold raspberries into one, and the blueberries into the other. (Or you can skip dividing the batter and just fold both kinds of berries into one batter).
4. Distribute batter evenly among the four pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35-50 minutes. Drizzle with lemon glaze and let cool completely. Wrap any extras tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to one month.
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
Mix all ingredients together until smooth. Add more juice or cream as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
If you click on the picture of the finished product, you should be taken to the website where I found the recipe (and picture, lol).